The first thing to do is not to panic! Whether you’ve bought them from us or another supplier, there really shouldn’t be any reason why a good quality original or compatible cartridge wouldn’t work in your printer so with a little patience, we’ll get you through it. Try the following 8 steps to correct your issue.
How to reset the printer memory:
- Remove your new cartridge and replace it with the old one. Leave your printer and go and do something else for 10 minutes.
- Replace the old cartridge with the new one again.These two steps alone often resolve the issue, so see if your printer now recognises your new cartridges. However, if you’re still having trouble…
- Remove the new cartridge. Make sure you place it in a clean and safe place where the cartridge or the surface won’t be damaged.
- Turn the printer off button using its power button
- Unplug your printer at the wall. It’s important to do both steps 4 and 5 separately, as some printers can remain in sleep mode if you’ve only switched off the power button on the printer control panel. Leave your printer like this for about 10 minutes or so.
- Plug your printer back in at the wall (but don’t press the power button just yet)
- Insert your new cartridge
- Press the power button on your printer
Hopefully, you should be able to now print with your new compatible ink or toner cartridge!