If you own a HP printer and wants to install it on the highly popular Linux Distro Ubuntu then take a look at this tutorial. In the Ubuntu Linux OS, the way of installing the HP printer driver is totally different from the MS Windows OS.
If you face any difficulty to install HP printer driver in Ubuntu Linux OS or need any kind of technical support relating to any kind of issue arising in your HP printer, then get in touch with us at our HP Printer Technical Support Number +1-855-966-3855
Steps to Install HP Printer Driver in Ubuntu Linux OS:
- Download the HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging & Printing) Software. The extension of this file is “.run”
- Open the terminal window in Ubuntu by simultaneously pressing the keys CTRL+ALT+T and input the commands:
Input your password
- Here HP is the name of the folder which contains the installation file of the HPLIP. To select the automatic installation mode, input the following commands and press enter after each command to verify. Input your password. To install and remove type i, input I at the terminal.
- Wait for some time for the process to be finalized, watch the dialogues in the terminal and input the y for yes and n for no. Just input the y, n, i according to your selection, until you saw the message “Successfully Installed”.
- Now Input R to restart the computer. When the computer is restarts, a tiny HP blue color icon will display in the menu bar. Congrats! The HP printer driver is installed in Ubuntu.
- Download and install the plug-in, for this you need to double click on the blue icon. A dialogue box will display on the computer screen.
- Activate the radio button. You can now use your HP printer for printing work after the installation of the plug-in.
Hope these steps works for you to easily Install HP Printer Driver in Ubuntu Linux OS. If you are still unable to do by own, dial our HP Printer Customer Support Phone Number +1-855-966-3855.